Who is Samragyee RL Shah?
Samragyee Rajya Laxmi Shah or Samragi RL Shah is a Nepali model and actress. She gained popularity after her lead role in the movie Dreams opposite Anmol K.C. She has also appeared in various Nepali music videos and on the cover pages of various magazines like M&S.
It was reported that Samragyee beat 23 competitors before she was chosen for her role in Dreams. Prior to joining the Nepalese movie industry, Samragyee worked as a model, walking on the catwalk and appearing in different product promotions.
Early Life & Education
Samragyee Rajya Laxmi Shah was born on 18 November 1995 in Kathmandu. Her father, Mahesh Bikram Shah, used to be a model in his youth and her mother is a housewife. Samragyee has ancestral roots in Nepal’s Shah (royal) dynasty.
Samragyee’s parents moved to Birgunj, Parsa when she was still a small child. She attended a private school in Birgunj in her childhood. However, after completing grade 3, she was sen to a Delhi-based Sai Baba school in India for further studies. Samragyee completed her higher secondary education from the Royal Academy, India. As of 2016, she is pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work.
Career As a Model & Actress
In November 2014, Samragyee was the second runner up at the Face of Classic Diamond jewelers fashion competition and was awarded NRS 25000. She reportedly received many offers for movies and fashion shows after the event.
In media interviews, Samragyee says that shed had always wanted to be a model since her childhood and had took up modelling as a hobby since her school days. She was among top 3 models of her school in India. When she was in grade 7, she started watching Victoria Secrets’ fashion shows on TV and was impressed by them.
Samragyee’s first movie Dreams became a commercial and critical success and she received the best newcomer actress award at the FAAN 2016.
As of 2016, Samragyee lives with her parents and hasn’t spoken publicly about her relationship or a boyfriend. Samragyee’s father Mahesh Bikram Shah used to be a model and now runs a restaurant business in Birgunj. In a media interview when asked whether Samragyee and Anmol were attracted to each other in a romantic way, both replied that there was nothing like that and were just good friends.
- Full Name: Samragyee Rajya Laxmi Shah
- Real Name: Samragyee Rajya Laxmi Shah
- Nick Names: Samragi RL Shah, Priyanka Shah
- Birthday: November 18, 1995
- Age: 23
- Birth Place: Birgunj, Nepal
- School : Sai Baba school in India
- College/University: The Royal Academy, India (+2)
- Education: BSW (NIMS)
- Profession: Nepalese actress, Model
- Nationality: Nepalese
- Ethnicity/Race: Asian
- Religion: Hindu
- Zodiac: Libra
- Known for: Movie Dreams opposite Anmol K.C
- Net Worth : Approx. 10m NRS
- Salary: 5-15 lakhs/film
- Height: 5 feet 7 inches
- Weight:50 kg
- Feet Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Shoe Size: N/A
- Body Measurement: 28-26-28
- Chest Size: 28
- Waist Size: 26
- Hip Size: 28
- Bra/ Breast Size: 28 B
- Body Type: Slim
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Light Brown
- Net Worth: N/A
- First Movie – Dreams (2016)
- Debut Video– Dami (2014)
- Awards : FAAN Awards, 8th Dcine Awards, NFDC Award 2016
- Father: Mahesh Bikram Shah
- Mother: Neha Rajya Laxmi Shah
- Sister: N/A
- Brother: 1 Younger Brother
- Spouse/Husband: Unmarried
- Boyfriend/Affairs/Dating: Anmol KC
- Children: N/A
Facts/ Controversy/ Scandal
- She was rumored in the past to be in Relationship with famous actor Anmol KC.
- Samragyee was the second runner up at the Face of Classic Diamond jewelers fashion competition and was awarded NRS 25000.
- She is linked with Royal Family and generation of Prithvi Narayan Shah.
- She has huge crush on Leonardo DiCaprio.
- She is highest paid Nepali actress.