Vinod Khanna Biography & Wiki
Vinod Khanna was an Indian actor and producer of Bollywood films. He was the recipient of 2 Filmfare awards. He was also an active politician and was the sitting MP from Gurdaspur constituency (between 1998-2009 and 2014-2017).
Khanna played lead roles in many films and is best remembered for his performance in Mere Apne, Mera Gaon Mera Desh, Gaddaar, Jail Yatra, Imtihaan, Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Inkaar, Kuchhe Dhaage, Amar Akbar Anthony, Rajput, Qurbani, Kudrat, Dayavan, Kaarnama,Suryaa: An Awakening and Jurm.
In 1982, at the peak of his film career, Khanna temporarily quit the film industry to follow his spiritual guru Osho Rajneesh. After a 5 year hiatus, he returned to the Hindi film industry giving two back to back hit films Insaaf and Satyamev Jayate.
Vinod Khanna has appeared in 140 films. He was paired opposite Parveen Babi, Zeenat Aman, Shabana Azmi, Sridevi.
When did Vinod Khanna die?
Veteran actor and politician Vinod Khanna died at the age of 70 earlier Thursday 4th April 2017 in Mumbai, He was suffering from bladder cancer for many years. He was admitted to the HN Reliance Hospital earlier this month due to dehydration.
Vinod Khanna net worth
Vinod Khannareal name
Vinod Khanna weight
Vinod Khanna height
Vinod Khanna hair color
Vinod Khanna shoe size / feet size
Vinod Khanna birthplace
Vinod Khanna date of birth
Vinod Khanna death
27 April 2017 (aged 70)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Vinod Khanna cause of death
Vinod Khanna age in 2017
Vinod Khanna zodiac
Vinod Khanna ethnicity / ethnic background
Vinod Khanna nationality
Vinod Khanna religion
Is Vinod Khanna gay?
Vinod Khanna school/college
St. Mary’s School, Mumbai
Delhi Public School, Mathura Road
Barnes School in Deolali, near Nashik
Sydenham College, Mumbai
Vinod Khanna spouse/wife
Geetanjali (1971–1985; divorced)
Vinod Khanna girlfriend/affairs/dating
Vinod Khanna children/kids
Rahul Khanna (son)
Akshaye Khanna (son)
Sakshi Khanna (son)
Shraddha Khanna (daughter)
Vinod Khanna father
Vinod Khanna mother
Vinod Khanna brother
Vinod Khanna sister
Vinod Khanna job
Vinod Khanna political party
Bharatiya Janata Party
Vinod Khanna debut film
Man Ka Meet(1968) ( as villain)
Hum Tum Aur Woh (1971) ( as hero)
Facts that most people don’t know about the actor:
1. Vinod Khanna was born in Peshawar, the present-day capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province in Pakistan. India was partitioned in 1947 and the family moved to Mumbai thereafter.
2. In what was considered shocking at the time, Khanna left the film industry in 1982 to become a disciple of Osho Rajneesh. He moved to ‘Rajneeshpuram’ in the US and came back to India after five long years. His desertion of his wife and children was believed to have been a cause behind his eventual divorce of his first wife Gitanjali.
3. He was called a ‘sexy sanyasi’ after he became a devout follower of ‘Osho’ Rajneesh.
4. He was said to be one of the highest-paid actors in Bollywood through the 80s even when it had the likes of equally big stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra and Rajesh Khanna.
6. Vinod Khanna met his second wife Kavita accidentally at a party that he hosted at his place. Kavita incidentally was not invited to the party.
7. He has won four times – 1998, 1999, 2004 & 2014 – from the border district of Gurdaspur in Punjab as a BJP Lok Sabha candidate.
8. He was first inducted into the cabinet of Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 2002 as a Culture and Tourism minister. His impressive work later got him elevated to the External Affairs Ministry as a minister of state.
9. Feroz Khan, one of Vinod Khanna’s good friends who starred with him in the hit 1980 film ‘Qurbani’, also coincidentally passed away on April 27 in 2009.
10. Khanna was last seen in Shah Rukh Khan-starrer ‘Dilwale’ in 2015.
11. He was the actor who started the trend of playing negative roles much before Shah Rukh Khan. In fact, just like SRK, he started playing negative roles and graduated to lead roles.
12. Vinod Khanna was paid more than Jeetendra in the film Insaan. he even earned more than Amitabh Bachchan in films such as Parvarish, Hera Pheri, Khoon Pasina, Amar Akbar Anthony.